Sunday, November 6, 2011

Those "To Be Completed" Projects

My songbooks have a lot of lyrics in them. And I think some of them have a lot of potential. The problem is that some of the ones that have potential aren't even finished.
I'll be at work or I'll be at home thinking about a person or an event. Suddenly an idea will come to me. I can hear it in my head. It sounds great. And more importantly it sounds promising. Then suddenly the inspiration is gone. And I'm left with a few lines of a song and no idea how to finish it.
Now it's a matter of prioritizing the song fragments I have. I have to ask myself two questions. Which pieces have the most potential? And which pieces will I be able to finish the fastest? Both questions are equally important and help me manage my time by directing my focus in an efficient manner.
I have too many projects in my songbook that still need to be completed. So this week I'll be putting together my list of the song fragments I want to finish. And by the end of the month I want to have at least three of them completed.

~Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment