Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Own Words

I have a new laptop, some new goals for myself, and a lot of wasted time in between now and my last post.

It's not like I haven't been doing anything. I have a lot of new material to work with that I'm very excited about. It's amazing how many things get in the way of living the kind of life that you want to live. Trying to have a social life, trying to survive by working, trying to help other people. It seems that lately everything I have been trying to do has prevented me from actually doing the things that I care about the most. I don't understand how I am going to survive and pursue my dreams at the same time, but I know that it's time for me to gain a new perspective on my life and make those dreams the priorities instead of thinking of them as things that will hopefully work out someday.

And when it comes to my songs, sometimes I forget to hear my own words. What about all I've written about following my dreams? About chasing the things that I really want the most? About focusing on the things that are most important to me?

I give some pretty good advice. Maybe I should try taking my own advice.

~Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment