Monday, January 23, 2012

Defining my Priorities

As I think about how I want to move forward, I have to prioritize my projects and my time. What actions can I take right now to move forward? And what actions can I be taking in the near future to move forward?

The first thing I feel I need to do is increase my number of complete songs. My songbook has plenty of half songs that I wrote a verse or two for, but never finished. I need a more diverse selection of completed songs that I can start sharing with people. Having more incomplete songs than complete songs doesn't do me much good and won't get me very far.

The next thing I need to do is start taking steps to find composers and/or bands who have an interest in my songs. I don't play any instruments and can't afford to take lessons right now. I need to get in trouch with people who can set my songs to music and are willing to work with me.

Of these two priorities, I can get more specific about what I need to do to reach my goals. For example:

Priority 1-Completing More Songs
-Moments of Happy
-Anything to You
-Victim Card

Priority 2-Connecting with Composers
-Posting my Lyrics
-Singing my Songs
-Posting Ads to Find Anyone Interested

Not only have I identified my top two priorities, but I have also clarified the steps I'll take to complete these tasks. Each of these steps can be broken down even more to be more specific about what needs to be done, but what I have now serves the purpose of setting my priorities so I can reach my goals. I plan to make this a great year!

~Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment