Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recognizing Your Growth

A funny thing happened last night while I was going through some boxes I hadn't unpacked. I found my first songbook! There may have been some other notebooks that I had scribbled some songs in, but it was the first notebook I ever considered a songbook.

A few of the songs were pretty good, but most of them were absolutely horrible! It's amazing how differently I approach songwriting than I did six years ago.

Today I take it more seriously and back then it was something I did when I got bored and didn't have anything else to do. Still, the differences are incredible. And it's encouraging to realize how much I've improved and grown as a lyricist.

Take a moment today to look over some of your old songs. You'll probably be surprised to see how much you've changed and how much you've improved.

~Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment