Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Success and a Failure

Passion Level: 10
Motivation Level: 8

My song fragments goal was not reached by the end of the year. I was able to complete "Way That I Can Understand" but I'm disappointed that I was unable to finish "Despite the Things You Say". The song is about half done. This song means a lot to me and has a very strong message. It's a message that I care about and want to share. It's about an issue I want to take a stand on.

So what do you do when you set a goal for yourself and then don't make it? You finish what you set out to do, no matter what day it is. And you put your excuses behind you.

The only reason I didn't reach my goal is because I got overwhelmed with other things that were happening in my life. If I want songwriting to become more than a hobby I can't make a habit of letting those kinds of things become excuses. Life happens. That should be an inspiration instead of a roadblock.

~Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment